Ten Star Chapter
Code of Ethical Fundraising
Board of Directors
Donor Bill of Rights
Friends of Diversity
BE the CAUSE Campaign
Silver Anniversary Celebration
National Philanthropy Day
Return to Job Listings
Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida
Janet Caramello, MBA, CFRE
Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida was Founded in 1991 and is an accredited and award-winning not-for-profit association. It has grown from a few families to over 1,200 individuals with DS and their families. We serve families in an area of over 10 counties with help from more than 17,000 friends, professionals, volunteers and other supporters.
DSACF is the leading voice for all individuals with Down syndrome and their families. We offer hope, encouragement and acceptance through advocacy, education and awareness as we guide individuals with Down syndrome through life’s transitions. Together, we create a Central Florida community composed of and dedicated to individuals with Down syndrome – and those who love them – so that each may realize their potential. For more information, visit www.dsacf.org.
Position Title: Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Development Coordinator (DC) will spearhead development efforts as the DSACF intentionally and strategically grows fundraising and programs to better fulfill its mission.
•Expand, adapt and execute DSACF’s annual fundraising plan (Event, Corporate, Annual Giving, Third Party Events)
•Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
•Manage the web-based donor management system
•responsible for data entry and gift processing
•Manage and oversee annual Step Up for Down Syndrome Buddy Walk including walk software, fundraising, kickoff party, walk logistics, committee meetings, and other responsibilities for this event
•Manage and oversee events including Down to Party & Auction and new Benevan luncheon
•Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors and community partners
•Create with the Executive Director and execute strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors and major donors
•Responsible for answering emails and phone messages in a timely manner including member questions
•Manage volunteers and/or development interns including event volunteers and event committees
• Bachelors’ degree
• 1-3+ years experience in development/fundraising with proven track record
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
• Computer literacy with Knowledge of or ability to learn different online systems (mail chimp, Eventbrite, CRM systems with knowledge of Bloomerang a plus)
• The ability to multi-task and switch between tasks
• Strong problem solving and leadership skills
• Ability to interact and maintain professionalism with people of all ages, disabilities,
and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed including occasional evenings/weekends for events, committee meetings, or other requirements.
• Bilingual a plus
• Personal or professional connection to individuals with intellectual disabilities a plus
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.