Development and Marketing Manager
Jewish Family Services of Greater Orlando, Inc.
Agency - Founded in 1978, Jewish Family Services of Greater Orlando, Inc. (JFS) is a multi-service agency with the mission to provide vital, high-quality and innovative social services to people in need. Over the past 34 years, JFS has grown from a small office staffed by only a few individuals and volunteers to a staff of 17, with 6 additional professional contract staff and more than 130 volunteers. JFS is governed by a Board of Directors currently composed of 19 professionals and volunteers from the local community. Throughout its growth and expansion, JFS has remained committed to enhancing family life and meeting the human services needs of the most vulnerable in the community. Annually, JFS’ services benefit the lives of more than 20,000 people in Central Florida regardless of race, religion, age or gender.
Position - Reporting to and in partnership with Executive Director, the Development and Marketing Manager will spearhead all development and marketing efforts at JFS.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and energetic professional, self-motivated, results-oriented, an excellent communicator/presenter who can convey an effective case of support for JFS, plan and implement annual and special campaigns and possess a desire to expand his/her career in the non-profit sector. The position requires a strong background in fundraising with several years experience working at a senior level
Benefits - The Development and Marketing Manager is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience, and package includes health and life insurance and paid time off.
- Design and implement the annual development plan and strategy for fund raising with the Board of Directors, Executive Director and Staff.
- Overall responsibility for Donor Development, Stewardship and Cultivation;
- Carry an annual portfolio of approximately 100 current and potential donors which includes personal solicitations of donors and potential donors;
- Engage past JFS donors toward the goal of recapturing donations;
- Daily management of staff to ensure that marketing, public relations, grants and volunteer efforts are aligned with fundraising and development efforts including, but not limited to website, annual reports, e-newsletters, social media and other relevant communications materials;
- Responsible for the full spectrum of development including gift policies, solicitation, stewardship, donor recognition, and administration;
- Maintain files and records on prospects/donors using Raiser’s Edge donor software;
- Oversee organization and implementation of special events;
- Managing and cultivating fundraising volunteers;.
- Become knowledgeable about Jewish Family Services mission, core values, programs and strategies, and the Jewish community;
- In cooperation with staff, foster relationships with foundations and other grantors, and help strategize grant and contract proposals;
- Identify and develop community partnerships;
- Serve as a primary liaison to the Development Committee, preparing assignments, agendas, and priorities;
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to develop and maintain budgets (income and expenses) relating to events and campaigns;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications (or a related field), Master’s Degree preferred;
- 3 or more years nonprofit and fundraising experience;
- Knowledge of and experience with Moves Management and Major Gift campaigns;
- Knowledge of the Central Florida community and specifically, the Jewish community a plus;
- Proven success in non-profit fundraising with major gifts solicitation experience;
- Highly motivated, self starter with demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, writing and verbal communication skills. Comprehensive computer skills;
- Ability to travel locally and participate in evening and weekend work-related activities;
- Knowledge and use of appropriate Professional Ethics and Standards and familiarity with the Donor Bill of Rights;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence; highly organized with a professional demeanor.
For consideration, send a one page cover letter outlining skills and interest with resume, three professional references and salary history (salary history must be included in order to be considered for position) to:
Eric Geboff, Executive Director
Jewish Family Services of Greater Orlando
2100 Lee Rd. Winter Park, FL 32789
E-mail - email@example.com
Fax - 407-628-0773
No phone calls
JFS is an equal opportunity employer